Recycling

Paid one of my regular visits to a recycling centre this afternoon to get rid of glass and plastic bottles, cardboard, newspapers etc. As it happend I went to the banks at Tesco in Whitehaven but the point would have equally applied to the Morrisons recycling area and many others.

I am six foot two inches tall. Virtually all the recycling containers including those for bottles, newspaper, cardboard and plastic bottles, had openings to put the material they were collecting at about my eye level, and some had flaps with moderately strong springs. There was nothing for anyone to stand on to help them reach.

For a person of my stature, getting things into the recycling container was not too much of a problem, but I did wonder if people who are not as tall as I am might sometimes find it a bit difficult.

I would be intested to know if anyone reading this has had difficulties reaching up to put things in the recycling containers in Whitehaven or anywhere else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020