Election Day less 29 and counting ...

Where the first day of campaigning yesterday started gray and drizzly and eventually turned quite nasty, today's weather was absolutely glorious day, and my campaign teams got a lot done.

Reaction on the doorstep has largely been extremely friendly, and most of the minority to whom this did not apply were people who appeared to be cross with all politicians rather than specifically the Conservatives.

I was with my Whitehaven team yesterday and today, but have been getting good reports of the campaign kicking off in other parts of the constituency.

No flesh and blood mortal could possibly get to every doorstep in a constituency this size over a 30 day period, but I do plan to personally spend time campaigning in every ward in the constituency during the course of the campaign.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I suppose you'll be ignoring your own ward as usual.

Vote for Chris Whiteside. Vote for the destruction of Copeland.
Chris Whiteside said…
Wrong on all counts, Dave.

I spent several hours on Tuesday and again yesterday campaigning in Bransty.

Oh, and in case you didn't read the front page of last week's Whitehaven News, can I remind you that it reported, accurately, that I was lobbying for a safety problem in my ward to be addressed.

Not that I expect any special praise for that, it's what councillors are elected to do but it is one of many examples that I do not ignore what is going on in the ward.
Jane said…
Dave. Are you by any chance ChefDave, the token libertarian allowed to blog on Jamie Reed's website? That is when he cared to take an interest in updating it.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020