Comment Moderation Trial


Original Post

As an experiment I have turned off comment moderation for posts on this blog for 28 days after they have been published.

Provided there are no huge embarrassments as a result I will leave moderation off for two months, and then review whether to turn it off for older posts as well, stick with a policy of no moderation for 28 days, or put comment moderation back on.

I still intend to delete any posts which I regard as offensive, as a potential source of legal problems, or negative comments about the person who has died in obit threads. But posts which make a constructive contribution to discussion will usually be allowed even if I disagree with them.

POSTSCRIPT

For very good reasons which I will explain when I resume blogging on 27th July, I will not be posting any new blog posts, comments or tweets either here or on any other form of social media for the next three months.

I still intend to have a two month trial doing without comment moderation, but it would be a bit of a nonsense having that trial at a point when I was not putting up any new posts or replying to comments. So the trial is postponed until the period of 28th July to 28th September.

Comments

Chris Whiteside said…
Incidentally while reviewing comment moderation I discovered that a large number of perfectly valid and reasonable comments had been dumped by the blogspot system into the SPAM folder for no apparent reason. I have released a number of such comments going back about a year.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020