Proof that there is (sometimes) intelligent life in journalism

John Rentoul of the Independent tweeted last night that he was particularly proud of an article he had written in 2003, which begins with the words "Sometimes I don't understand politics at all" (a brave if worrying thing for a Chief Political Correspondent to admit.)

It is actually a very good article and I can see why he was proud to have written it.

I would love to live in a country where most people had the clarity of vision to be able to debate things based on truth rather than the sort of games he describes.

Comments

Jim said…
So would I Chris, so would I.

Chris Whiteside said…
Sadly it can require a great deal of moral courage to see things as they are rather than stick to the apparent safety of one's comfort zone of unchallenged assumptions. Einstein had a quote about the surprising rarity of moral courage compared to the physical variety which is on my list to use as a quote of the day ...

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020