Swimathon 2015 update.

Can I repeat my thanks to all those generous souls who have sponsored my son, myself or both for either of the charity swims we have completed this year to date.

The first was the Whitehaven Lions "Swimarathon" at Copeland Pool in Hensingham. Each team taking part was raising money for two good causes: one nominated by the team and also the "James Burn Wish to Walk" campaign, which has been successful in raising the money to send him for his operation. This was a great event and we were glad to have the opportunity to support a charity swim at Copeland pool this year because a family wedding meant that we had to do Swimathon 2015 in pool in another part of the North West.

My son and I were very pleased to have the chance to take part in the Lions Swimarathon: between us we completed 50 laps of the pool (100 lengths, e.g. 2.5 kilometres) in the hour available. Our other charity was the Pride of Cumbria Air Ambulance.

Then last Sunday we completed Swimathon 2015 in aid of Marie Curie Cancer care.

I have now seen  my provisional time for the 5,000 metres on the Swimathon website, and had slightly misheard the lane judge at the event, although the statement that I had beaten two hours was correct: my time was one hour 58 minutes and 17 seconds. John reached 54 lengths in 54 minutes 43 seconds and I am very proud of him.
Adding up the sponsorship given to date for both events and for both John and myself, we are very grateful and pleased to have so far raised £295 for these excellent causes. It is not too late to sponsor us: the giving pages will be open for a couple of months yet. One or two people have had trouble with the links to these pages, and I would appreciate if you drop me a line if you have this issue or leave a comment below. But most people seem to have managed to use them.

Those links again:

http://my.swimathon.org/sponsor/chriswhiteside1

http://my.swimathon.org/sponsor/Johnwhiteside1

Comments

Anonymous said…
I had trouble with them at first, though to be fair I dont think it was a problem with the "giving page" it was more a problem with "paypal"
Chris Whiteside said…
I think I have heard separately from the author of the above post that they managed to sort it out, but if anyone has had a problem which has not been sorted please let me, or Swimathon, know.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020