Quote of the day 23th August 2015

“The consequences of me failing to secure a seat for myself in the Commons would be significant for both myself and the party.

It is frankly just not credible for me to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat.

What credibility would UKIP have in the Commons if others had to enunciate party policy in Parliament and the party leader was only allowed in as a guest?

Was I supposed to brief UKIP policy from the Westminster Arms? No – if I fail to win South Thanet, it is curtains for me. I will have to step down.”

(Nigel Farage, before failing to win South Thanet, on the ridiculous situation he would be in if he tried to remain leader without a seat in the Commons.

Of course, he is now in an even more ridiculous position having stepped down on the above grounds and then reversed the decision ...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020