Margaret RIP

I have just returned home this evening after attending with my family the funeral of Margaret, my mother-in-law, who died peacefully in her sleep a short while ago, three days short of her 90th birthday.

I was fortunate enough to marry a wonderful woman whose mother was also a truly wonderful person, and thereby gained a mother-in-law who was one of the kindest, warmest-hearted, most loving and generous people I was ever lucky enough to meet,

When we were discussing the arrangements for the funeral, my brother in law sent a set of over a hundred photographs including Margaret. The most striking thing about that collection of images is that none of the best ones showed her on her own. All the best pictures showed her with family or friends - with her husband, children, brothers or sisters, grandchildren: laughing and smiling. She was never happier than when she was with the people she loved. And that is how I will always remember her.

Rest in Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020