Swimathon 2017

In April 2017 my son and I will be taking part in the Swimathon in aid of Marie Curie's work for people with Terminal Illness.

I first took part in the Swimathon twenty-three years before in 1994 so this will be the 24th consecutive year I have swum the 5,000 metre challenge. My fifteen-year old son John is joining me and taking part in the Swimathon for the fourth time: he will be swimming the 2,500 metre challenge.
 
The Swimathon is Britain’s largest charity swim, and gives people of very varied swimming abilities an opportunity to raise money for charity by swimming distances of up to 5,000 metres.  The 2017 Swimathon event is in aid of Marie Curie, who look after thousands of  terminally ill people.
 
A big thank you to those who have already sponsored either me, or my son John, in previous years. It is possible to sponsor swimmers online: If you would be kind enough to sponsor me, and would like to use the online facility, you can do so as follows:

My giving page at JustGiving should be available here.

My son's giving page should be available at
 
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/swimathon-2017-Hawthorn-House

If you try to follow either of these links and they do not work please drop me a line or leave a comment below.

Comments

Chris Whiteside said…
Thanks to Phillip Greatorex for sponsoring me and for his kind words on Facebook.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020